Most of last year’s interior projects are characterized by conciseness, simplicity of graphic lines and functionality. Modern interior design 2025 opens up new possibilities for creating a unique, trendy and harmonious space. You need to listen to your mood and create the most comfortable place to live.
Key trends in interior design in 2025
The design industry is rapidly evolving, trends are changing. For several seasons, some elements remain the same, but new ideas are sure to appear. There are many directions in which the art of design develops. This year, minimalism is becoming warmer, lifeless flat planes that do not evoke emotions disappear.
The most characteristic features of new trends in design:
- competent zoning of the premises;
- soft and muted shades;
- properly selected lighting;
- naturalness and environmental friendliness of materials;
- a more rational choice of things for the home.
Natural materials always attract attention with positive energy. In home decoration, modern interior design 2025 offers a variety of tactile surfaces that are warm and pleasant to the touch. For this, natural wood, woolen and linen boucle fabrics, raw stone products, decorative plaster, glass, leather, and ceramics are used.
Handmade objects add warmth to the space and make the rooms more welcoming. Contrasting combinations, heterogeneous texture of finishing materials help to create an original and cozy atmosphere.
Open spaces in the house provide maximum volume and light. With the help of zoning in one room, you can arrange all the functional areas: living room, office, kitchen and bedroom. The open floor plan increases living space. Thanks to this, additionally comfortable modular furniture can be placed in the living room.
The current interior design in 2025 involves the use of competent zoning so that there is a cozy corner for each family member in the house.
All pieces of furniture are arranged as thoughtfully and functionally as possible. Workspaces and storage areas should be hidden from prying eyes.
The visual boundaries of the original isolated rooms are created with the help of partitions and niches, which do not clutter up the space. Black metal loft frames are becoming irrelevant. For functional zoning, classic partitions with embossed frosted glass on a wooden base are used.
With multi-level lighting, you can also highlight certain areas to create a comfortable environment in the room.
A smart home is a system that controls the automatic interaction of all devices that ensure the normal operation of the building. With the help of technology, lighting, heating and household appliances are controlled.
The houses are equipped with motion, contact, fire safety and presence detectors. Thanks to modern devices, homeowners can be sure of their own safety, that the house is protected from outside intrusion and online.
A hot topic this year is the development of innovative applications that save energy resources. Users will not need to submit meter readings to the Management Company. With the help of the program, you can remotely open the blinds, turn off the lights, turn on the TV, etc.
Materials that will be relevant in 2025
A departure from minimalism, with its clean lines, smooth surfaces and lack of superfluous details, has led to new possibilities for decorating the home. Designers suggest using the following options:
- natural materials that have retained their natural look – rough unpolished stone, raw wood, marble or granite with chipped edges, coarse cotton, clay;
- objects of non-ideal geometric shape – irregular polygons, uneven ovals and circles;
- metal is used in the form of legs for sofas, tables and chairs, as stands for decor and planters,
- glass decorates furniture and is used for space zoning; designer figurines, colored stained-glass windows, paintings create a festive mood;
- ceramic dishes, hand-made products, cork, matting, jute, wicker baskets and mats.
When creating a fashionable interior, environmentally friendly materials that do not harm the environment should be used. A garbage chopper must be installed in the sink, and various filters in the pipes. For interior decoration, biodegradable non-toxic materials and water-soluble paint are used.
The ability to see beauty in its natural original form is characteristic of the Japanese style “Japandi”. The direction combines the conciseness of Japanese traditions and Scandinavian practicality. The desire to create an individual interior that reflects the character of the owner of the house comes to the fore.
Actual colors 2025 in interior design
The minimalist interior in the past seemed faceless and cold. Now it has lively notes, thanks to the use of warm browns, diluted with reds, yellows and oranges. Elements of other fashion trends, such as Art Deco, Provence, Noir, Baroque, are added to the popular style.
With the help of color in the interior, you can express character and depth, create a mood. In addition to muted shades, wall painting, prints and patterns on tiles will be popular.
The color of the year chosen by the Pantone Institute is the unusual hot pink Viva Magneta. The new trendy shade reflects the desire for creative experimentation, but at the same time combines the warmth and power of nature. The interior color palette is reminiscent of an Oriental spice counter, which has cinnamon, cardamom, saffron, curry, cayenne pepper.
In the interior, natural associations and care for the environment are important components. The trend is complex beige tones, shades of brown, earthy colors of burnt clay. Green, yellow and blue colors remain popular as the main natural shades.
Beige gamma can be used as a base for interior design. It is complemented by malachite colors, indigo and shades of oriental spices. All palettes of the modern interior are diverse, filled with warmth, courage and optimism.
Trends in designer furniture 2025
The newest thing in interior design 2025 is eclecticism, allowing you to embody creative ideas in your home without limit. The natural texture, enlivening the space, and tactilely pleasing furniture with curved shapes bring a person closer to the natural habitat. The combination of smooth roundness with evenly marked objects creates an accent contrast and adds drama to the interior.
Consider a few more important interior features in 2025:
- A fashionable trend for the living room is a spectacular sofa, which stands out brightly due to its exclusive design and high quality workmanship.
- Modular and radius models of designer sofas are the most in demand and popular. Thanks to convenient removable mechanisms and lightweight fillers, modular designs allow you to do without additional pieces of furniture.
- The following materials are used for upholstery of upholstered furniture:
- boucle fabric – creates a feeling of comfort, relaxation and peace;
- textured premium quality velor is an ideal solution for upholstery of a bed or an accent chair;
- matting with special impregnation is easy and practical to care for, resistant to the effects of animal claws;
- eco-leather harmoniously fits into any interior, does not burn, has an antibacterial coating;
- leather upholstery and genuine leather inserts add elegance to the furniture, emphasizing the good taste of the owner of the house.
- Fashionable sofas with high legs with an open frame look great with furniture made from natural materials: wood, glass and ceramics.
- The frame for upholstered furniture is made of natural hardwood – oak, ash, linden, maple, teak. Wooden frames weigh much less than metal structures. They are environmentally friendly, strong and durable.
- Bulky wardrobes, suites, ornate headboards and colorful textiles are leaving the bedroom interiors. Fashionable bed models are characterized by original shapes with rounded corners and softened side boards. New decorative details are golden thin metal ribbons in the pattern of the headboard and pillows.
- Pieces of furniture in the bedroom are arranged asymmetrically, but at the same time they should complement each other. Two different tables and a chest of drawers can decorate the room.
- The bedroom’s color palette consists of earthy muted hues with soothing properties: warm clay, coral, dark amber and plum. Hanging structures, exclusive chandeliers and designer lamps add a special touch.
- Soft smooth lines and rounded shapes are also characteristic of the fashionable design of modern kitchens. The projects use sets with radius facades, rounded islands, curved lines of decorative elements, arches.
- A designer table with a round or oval top is installed in the dining area. Massive structures are being replaced by compact corner or linear systems with hidden storage and built-in appliances.
- The kitchen does not have to be done in the same style as the whole house. Preference should be given to natural materials, which allows you to create a feeling of comfort and coziness. The use of light and dark facades and matte surfaces is relevant.
- Marble countertops have an impeccable appearance and are durable. The high functionality of kitchen furniture is achieved through the proper organization of the workspace and the widespread use of high-quality household appliances.
- Concrete is used in the bathroom – sinks and fonts, treated with a special impregnation, immediately acquire an unusual aesthetic appearance. The combination of different colors of metals in the design of kitchens and bathrooms, combined with wooden elements, takes the interior to a new level.
A fashionable interior should not be overloaded with unnecessary furniture and unnecessary things. To ensure the feeling of free space in the house, you need to take into account your lifestyle, personal concepts of beauty and comfort.
Most people want to see emotional design. Eclecticism helps to combine a variety of textures and styles. It is perceived with special interest and helps to unite different generations and lifestyles.